5 slices of plain whole wheat bread(or white bread)
1 small onion(finely chopped)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
pinch of turmeric powder
few curry leaves
1 green chilie(finely chopped)
salt and sugar to taste
few tbsp coriander leaves(finely chopped)
1 tsp lemon juice
Circulon Elite 14-In. Hard-Anodized Stir-Fry Pan (Google Affiliate Ad)
Cuisinart CPT-120 2-Slice Compact Toaster (Google Affiliate Ad)
1. Chop/break roughly bread slices into small cubes or pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, chopped chilies. Saute well.
3. Once splatter add onion, salt, sugar and turmeric powder. Cook onion until translucent. Add chopped bread and mix well.
4. Cover and cook over low heat for couple of minutes. Add lemon juice and mix.
5. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
1. Leftover bread makes nice upma than fresh bread.